The Advantages of Invisalign
My Teeth Are So Crooked! Are Metal Braces My Only Choice?
Invisalign-the new modern choice to straighten your teeth
When you think of orthodontics (braces) you probably think of metal brackets and wires, but there is a new, much more comfortable way to straighten your teeth. The dentists at Cohasset Dental in Cohasset, Massachusetts, are experts in Invisalign, the future of orthodontics.
Your dentist at Cohasset Dental can discuss the many advantages of Invisalign over conventional braces to help you decide if Invisalign is right for you. According to the makers of Invisalign some of the benefits you will experience include:
- Virtually invisible teeth-straightening
- A smooth, comfortable plastic appliance instead of metal
- A normal brushing and flossing experience for better dental health
- Eating whatever foods you want
- Office visits only every four to six weeks
- Removing the appliance when you want
Your Invisalign treatment begins with a set of aligners, which are clear plastic appliances custom-made to fit your teeth. Your dentist will customize a treatment schedule just for you. As you wear the trays, they will gradually shift your teeth into alignment, gently and comfortably.
Every few weeks, you will be given a new set of aligners to wear until your treatment is complete and your teeth are straight.
Invisalign can be used if you have:
- Crowded or poorly aligned teeth
- Gaps between your teeth
- An overbite- your upper teeth bite over your lower teeth
- An underbite- your lower teeth stick out in front of your upper teeth
- A crossbite- your upper and lower jaws can’t close together
- An open bite- your upper and lower front teeth don’t bite together
To find out more about Invisalign, the virtually invisible treatment for badly aligned, crooked teeth, contact your dentist at Cohasset Dental in Cohasset, Massachusetts, for a consultation. Call today and learn how Invisalign can comfortably help give you a straight and beautiful smile.