Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
Could this tooth replacement give you back a smile that you feel confident in again?
Remember how exciting it was to lose a tooth as a child? Of course, once your permanent teeth come in, we know that you’re doing everything possible to keep them clean and healthy. Unfortunately, issues arise that can cause an adult to lose one or more teeth. Things such as cavities, gum disease or traumatic injury can leave you facing tooth loss. If so, our Cohasset, MA, dentists Dr. Kevin Thomas and Dr. Aaron Chenette can restore your smile with dental implants.
Why People Choose Dental Implants
There are many reasons people turn to our Cohasset, MA, dental team to get dental implants. This tooth replacement option has become incredibly popular over the last few years because it offers some pretty awesome benefits including,
- A false tooth that looks and feels just like a real tooth
- A tooth that fully restores chewing and speaking
- A lifelong restoration with an extremely high success rate
- Preserving the jawbone and preventing bone loss
- Supporting the facial muscles to prevent premature sagging and wrinkles
- Filling gaps in your smile and preventing teeth from shifting around
What Makes Someone a Candidate for Implants
Most healthy adults are great candidates for dental implants, regardless of whether they need one, three, several or even all of their teeth replaced. Of course, you will need to come into our office for a comprehensive evaluation to make sure that you are the ideal candidate for implants. Here are some of the factors that we will need to consider before determining whether implants are right for you,
- Your overall health and whether you have certain uncontrolled health problems such as diabetes that could impact surgery or the healing process
- The health and strength of the jawbone
- Your oral health, which includes the health of your teeth and gums
- Whether you are a smoker
- Whether you are dedicated to maintaining good oral hygiene and visiting your dentist for routine checkups every six months
- Whether you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- The health of your immune system and whether you are undergoing any treatments or taking medications that could suppress your immune system.
If you are interested in getting dental implants here in Cohasset, MA, the next step is to give us a call at (781) 383-9393 to schedule a consultation with us. Your new smile is just a phone call away. Turn to Cohasset Dental for all of your restorative dentistry needs.